Kindergarten End of Year Celebration, June 5th at 9:30 in the Cafeteria

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Homework

I am grading assessments and it occurs to me that I would like to try adapting homework to the learner instead of sending home a general, one size fits all packet of worksheets.  This is where being partners in your child's learning will be beneficial.  Each child will have different skills to focus on and I will provide feedback on their progress.  I will use a rubric. Rubrics specify the level of performance expected in an assignment/project.  Along with specific comments provided by me, the use of rubrics will (in time) help your learner judge and revise their own work before handing in an assignment.
4- Perfect score, can’t ask for more.  Look at me, I am a four!
3- Almost perfect, look at me.  Doing great, I am a three.
2- Still much to do, makes me a two.  But I can do it, I’ll show you.
1- I have just begun.  with hard work, I’ll get it done, but for now, I am a one.


Homework will be assigned on a Friday and collected the following Friday. This week, I will send a review of the Math we learned.  Homework will begin in earnest on the week of 9/12.  Let's give this a try.  



No comments:

Post a Comment