Kindergarten End of Year Celebration, June 5th at 9:30 in the Cafeteria

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rev' Up the RPM's

This is not the kindergarten you remember.  It's not the kindergarten I remember either, playing inside the handmade house while Anthony S. shook the sides to strong arm me out.  Gone are the sand and water tables, bye-bye, to the housekeeping center, too.  The dramatic change that is taking place in kindergarten reflects the need for individuals to be able to think critically and be creative problem solvers in our ever evolving, fast paced world.  Amidst the transformation, I believe that kindergarten remains the foundation on which each learner constructs their educational experience.  So, does that mean I will push my precious putt-putt past the red line down Highway 1 every morning to get to school?  Tempting as that may be on mornings I am running late, the reference to rev'ing up the rpm's means there must be Rigor, Purpose and Measurable methods incorporated in designing my learner-centered instruction.  I am enthusiastic about constructing common activities based on the standards alongside the children that will assist in binding prior knowledge to new information.  I look forward to watching them create meaning of the concepts I teach and take ownership of delving into work that will promote higher order thinking.  Learners, start your engines...

No comments:

Post a Comment