Kindergarten End of Year Celebration, June 5th at 9:30 in the Cafeteria

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome to our room!


Two days of staggered start for my kinder kiddos!  Please enjoy the tour of our room and first day activities.  Please forgive the lack of apparent order of the photographs, I am still getting used to blogging!
This is our library nook.
These are my learning focused boards with space for essential questions and learning goals. My husband created magnets for me so that I can still use the whiteboard.  Below, are interactive word walls where children can access vocabulary words and take them to their desk.
Drawing a picture of the cereal and writing in the journal.

Will it ever be this clean again????
Here, I used cereal as a common experience to spark off journal writing on the first day,
thank you Melissa Forney!  We also snuck in math concepts and sorted the fruit ring cereal, but don't tell the kids that!!


"A child's name is an island of certainty in a sea of unfamiliar print."- Marie Clay
This is an idea I adapted from Nellie Edge.  According to Nellie Edge, when you allow the children to participate in writing that means something to them daily, automaticity with letter formation and handwriting control is reinforced.

As you enter our room, this is the view to the left.




Whole group teaching area.  Hubby reinforced easels with shower board and added
a rain gutter (thanks, hon!) to facilitate teaching on these boards.
















No comments:

Post a Comment